At the first sign of suicidal thoughts, seek professional help. If a friend or family member is in crisis, be as supportive as possible, but remember you are not a trained counsellor or therapist.
For other crisis support:
- Contact a crisis centre. Find one in your province or territory at www.partnersformh.ca/resources/find-help/crisis-centres-across-canada
- Contact Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868 or online at www.kidshelpphone.ca
- Tel-Jeunes: www.en.teljeunes.com/get-informed/mental-health
For immediate support:
- Call 211 if you are in Alberta (Calgary, Edmonton), British Columbia, Ontario or Quebec
- Visit www.eMentalHealth.ca
- Contact your local health clinic or local hospital that provides mental health services
- Contact your local chapter of the Canadian Mental Health Association: www.cmha.ca
Please note that the resources listed are not a complete listing and are not necessarily endorsed by Partners for Mental Health. Use of these resources should not replace a professional diagnosis by a health care practitioner.