If you or someone you know is ever in crisis and needs help immediately – call 911 or visit your local emergency department.

At the first sign of suicidal thoughts, seek professional help. If a friend or family member is in crisis, be as supportive as possible, but remember you are not a trained counsellor or therapist.

For other crisis support:

For immediate support:

  • Call 211 if you are in Alberta (Calgary, Edmonton), British Columbia, Ontario or Quebec
  • Visit eMentalHealth.ca
  • Contact your local health clinic or local hospital that provides mental health services
  • Contact your local chapter of the Canadian Mental Health Association: cmha.ca

Please note that the resources listed are not a complete listing and are not necessarily endorsed by jack.org. Use of these resources should not replace a professional diagnosis by a health care practitioner.


For parents: 

For teens: